Thursday, January 12, 2012

Week #1 of the List Update

Every day last week I read the Bible, exercised and prayed. It helps that I attend a great BSF Bible study in Richmond. I used the prayer book that OBF gave us and that helped too and I also reread some old prayer days.So #1 and #2 checked off this week.
I only walked when I didn't go to curves but I did go to curves 3 times so I check off #12.  I really do like going to curves the exercise makes me feel better. Motivation is hard though. However each day I reconnect with someone old and meet someone new so that is good. Today I chatted with Nancy Wilson a former science teacher. She is so special to me. As she was talking I realized how much I missed talking with her once a month after she retired.  She was one person, along with Ed Jones,  who made me like science and want to teach it. 


#23 ON Wednesday  Gosh that was just yesterday, I  joined fellow retired teachers for lunch and ate salad at La Rosa's. It was really fun visiting with those who were there. I am getting to know some of the teachers I never really knew before. One teacher and I had some interesting discussion about Moses and the Burning Bush. She is Jewish and didn't really know the story of the burning bush. the part I remember most is take off your shoes you are standing on Holy ground.  This situation is where Moses actually receives the call from God. Interesting to discuss it with someone not of my faith. 
#11This past week I helped someone- I took Elizabeth to Wal-mart.
#11 and 26 And I tutored at the Adult resource so that was a way to encourage someone and to help Mary Vincent. 
# 24 This week I read The Affair by Lee Child and I loved it. I always enjoy reading about Jack Reacher.
And there you have my update. It is a bit late but never the less it is an update.

1 comment:

  1. way to stick with the list! Good job! It is nice meeting new people and re-connecting with others.

    ReplyDelete