Thursday, January 7, 2010

What do I do on the snow day?


Laundry, clean and put stuff away!
I am home today with a snow day. This is a fine time to make some plans as far as dealing with my health issues. First last night I found the scale in a box in the garage and brought it in! It weighs differently from the one at my work though. I guess I should go with it though. It is almost 10 lbs. different! I wonder if the slight slant to the bathroom floor makes a difference.
So starting weight on a bad scale 283. Goal again loose 1-1.5 pounds a week for 5 weeks.
No I have not taken the diabetes education class yet. I am resisting because I have read lots of literature and feel that I need to save my days off for court and other personal things. The materials Dr. Miller gave me say to eat small meals with 30 to 45 grams of carbs per meal. So I am trying that but as you wrote the hard times are in the evenings and when I am alone. The first plan is not to buy stuff that is not healthy. Last night at the store I did very well. I did not buy chips or ice cream and only bought cheerios for cereal!
The other thing I am doing to drinking even more water because I have found that taking the Torsemide I get dehydrated more often than not in the afternoon. This makes me both tired and thirsty. To compensate I found myself drinking a sweet drink which in turn made me hungry all evening.
So these are my plans:
1. aim for weight loss of 1-1.5 pounds per week.
2. limit carbs to 30 at snacks and 45 at meals.
3. drink more water.
At this point for exercise I am doing more housework but I try to walk some every day. Today I plan to sweep the sidewalk and shovel the drive way at some point, probably in the afternoon.
Tell me what you think and offer suggestions for the time alone parts. Any words of wisdom are welcome.
It is back to the laundry time.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that helps me not eat is to keep my hands busy -- I've been knitting at night and when I do that I don't eat. However, I get tired of knitting and then my hands are free to eat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words of wisdom but words of encouragement. I think that being concious of your goalss and staying positive are two great ways to continue to do it!

    ReplyDelete