Saturday, January 9, 2010

Alone


For the last 3 days I have been alone more than I have ever been alone in a long long time. There has been time for reflection, and time to get chores done. Do I like this? Well it is OK. But, I think I would like something else better. It would be good to live in a dorm atmosphere for older people I think. Some of the Miss Julia books written about a place in a retirement village in North Carolina sound great. Or I'd like to live at least in a neighborhood where I knew the people and could go and visit friends. It is really weird not to know anyone within walking distance!
Working on an afghan made of Granny squares. I loved the one that Dessie had. Kate and I used to play on it with scrabble letters, and pretend that it was a garden of flowers. We used the letters to build people E and I were among the tallest.
I really enjoyed being at Jo Ann's last weekend. It was great to play cards and be around her family and mine.
Time to go and vacuum or something else active. I need exercise and it is too cold and snowy out!

2 comments:

  1. perhaps you should invite someone over from church? I agree you need to find someone to hang out with - perhaps start going to the YMCA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and try to get some pleasure out of it. I think I would enjoy having the time to sew or watch whatever I want or read ... you probably do to, but I'm guessing there's just too much of it.

    ReplyDelete