Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wild Road Trip




On Saturday June 13, I decided to go to Edinburgh to return some clothes. So Lita and I started out, but first a quick call to Harold to see what the roads were like. He said there was construction on 44 but he couldn't tell me the detour to take. He just goes the back roads because he knows the way but not the street names. So I downladed directions from AAA and we were off! First a stop at the Union County Library. Then down 101 thru Brookville and turn onto I-74 west to Indy. So far so good!


Then in Greensburg we encountered the first construction and the first strange markings. Turn right on Michigan Ave. No street sign for Michigan Ave. just a guess- but it was route 152- Next take a sharpleft onto CR550S- No such road, so we turned on Vandalia which turned out to be that county road- And now for the scenic Indiana tour, plenty of cows, cornfields, flooded creeks and CR 200S labled roads. As we raced past we wondered are we going in the right direction? Well we followed AAA until Detour Bridge out, but no detour sign. I guess in that part of the country you are just supposed to know what to do! We followed our noses and finally ended up at I 65 just one exit from our stop.


Katie was tired of waiting for us so she went on to the Art fair. Lita and I returned the Liz Claiborne clothes then cruised up I-65 to Indy and John and Joe.


Finally we got to Katie's where we fixed lunch hot dogs, mac and cheese for some-- salad and chicken for me. Then it was off to the Italian Street Fair and the Roller Derby. And the Leeeead Jammer is .... Never in my life did I expect to go to a Roller Derby, but you try it all ( with in reason) at least once! I got into it-Yelling at those girls, " go around them you can do it."
After dinner at the Oodles of Noodles we went to the Italian Street fair again. This time it is open and what a crowd. Should have waited to eat there...lots of food for sale and a good cause support the Catholic school.

First we played a few games, Lita won with the throw the darts, Joe shot the B-ball. That game was rigged or Joe had had too much wine. Then we waited in line to ride the ferris wheel. Now.....
What was I thinking? Too much off the ground and no one to catch me if I fell. anyway I am going to add some photos in the next post and a few here.

No comments:

Post a Comment