Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Books and thoughts








As a ninth grader in 1967 I was captivated by the Soviet Union/Russia/ and Tsar Nicholas and his wife. So on the Saturday I began a book called The Romanov Bride. Today I finished it and decided to read some more about the Romanovs and got a book called the Last Chapter. It is interesting because it tells their final story and final hours and it also includes the struggles of the scientists to find exhume and prove the bones identity.

Thoughts- Revolution sure is/was bloody and violent. I am glad that in America in my lifetime we have not had this kind of rebellion. I am also glad that there is no more royalty- well maybe there is you just don't really see or hear much about it any more. They (the really rich and noble) keep a very low profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment