Monday, June 22, 2009

Growing Old- And the secrets of such

I read this scripture to day and found it very meaningful especially in light of growing old and moving on.

"My son, if you will receive my words
And treasure my commandments within you,
Make your ear attentive to wisdom,
Incline your heart to understanding;
For if you cry for discernment,
Lift your voice for understanding;
If you seek her as silver
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will discern the fear of the LORD
And discover the knowledge of God."



Starting last winter I began to think about what comes next.
Lots of unanswered questions:
Where do I want to live out my days?
How do I keep in touch with old friends? And my family?
Who will do these things when the oldest die out?
What is important about being older and wiser?

First point: getting old is a trial, but the alternative is worse... Actually I am not afraid of that....
Eat less exercise more Stay away from processed foods
Connect with friends from the past, you never know what will come next. I spent time in Ky. with JoAnn and Jo-Ann Kristensen came here and Sharon and I have reconnected. Through facebook. When Suanne McMillan died I saw lots of friends former teachers and that was good. If we move elsewhere we will lose friends from 25 to 40 years of our lives. So maybe going to N.Carolina or Georgia or ST. Joe/Benton Harbor isn't a good idea. You need to keep your history.

Looking on line for a place to move- I really want to go to the beach or nearer to the beach. But the on line words don't really tell you what the place is like to live. Neither does it tell you what the problems are and everywhere they have problems.

So to stay or to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment