Thursday, June 11, 2009

Joy!

School is out I am ready to enjoy it, but so tired. Tonight I went to a retirement dinner for Pam Termeer, Sandy Corbin, and Cathy Ceferri. Connie McLain also retired and she didn't come. I really enjoyed giving them a small gift today- a book for retirement. The party was at Karen Ross' house and barn. What a lovely setting she has there. Her son graduated the same time as Katie. Neither he nor Dan remembered Katie. I had a hard time getting into the party, there wasn't much to connecting with the others. I guess I am just tired.
At about 6:30 a thunderstorm rolled in and while we were eating the rain pounded the farm. The dinner of pork chops and carry ins was delicious. Then driving home I had a scare.
Karen lives near Roseburg and at the end of Retherford Rd. is a ford over a creek. The creek was almost up to cement when I crossed at 5 and at 8:00 it was over the road and flowing rapidly. I decided not to go over the ford and drove down to Stone Rd. instead.
Joy!
What brings joy? Rain bows and kittens playing with string? Enough sleep and a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment