Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Happy New Year 2013

 So it is a new year, 2013. Always good to review the old one. So I looked up my last year's list of 52 which was really 35.

1. Pray daily.     95% done.
 2. Have a daily Bible Study This I did better in the 3/4 of the seasons. Always good to have 3 Bible studies to attend.
 3. Go to Florida and visit Cathy, Sue, and Brenda No this didn't happen. It almost did so I better put it on the 2013 list.
4. Walk every day either inside Wal-mart or around the neighborhood. this only happened 20% of the time so it better be included in 2013 too.
 5. Keep to my budget so I don't have to get a job. Nope, I Got a job, actually God provided the perfect job for me!
6. Go to Karaoke No I missed that because I was in Kentucky.
7. See my sister and her family in California, Nope try for next year.
 8. Buy and artificial Christmas Tree. No did not happen.
 9. Go to Jo Ann's in Kentucky to play cards every month Number 9 is a yes!  well some months I missed but some I went a stayed a long time!
10. Do some nice things for random people Not really random people but did help out a few.
11. Help others in ways that I can help Yes this is sort of like 10. 
 12. Go to curves 3 times a week at first then maybe more Yes this was a success!
13. Take a monthly park visit and hike with Katie and others. Nope this did not happen.
14. Visit relatives in Wisconsin.NO 
15. Go to North Carolina and see Mearlene. No
16. Finish my Granny Square afghan Yes I did this one!
17.  Learn to quilt No not yet.
18. Finish decorating my new house with the painted wall squares of canvas No
 19. Clean and stain the deck. No
20. Have a family cookout on the deck.  Yes, and I even had Jiangmei's family over 
21. Invite friends over to eat twice a month no Once a month yes
22. Finish the needle pointed hand towels no, I don't even know where these are!
 23. Have lunch with retired teachers every month No too many conflicts with other things but I did go a few times.
 24. Read a book every week Yes, some weeks I read more than one.
 25. Play with other people's grandchildren yes
26. Volunteer at the Adult Ed school No I have to work on the nights of adult ed.
27. Scrap book once a month No I think I only did this two times.
28. See if I want to become the Creative Memories scrapbook lady No
 29. Make 6 new friends yes Monica, Joyce, Arlene, Kevin, Amy, Kathleen. Mary Gannod,
 30. Learn a new craft Yes for Christmas I learned to make a wooden Christmas ornament.
31. Write letters of encouragement. Yes, I did this when some friends were sick and when  I went to the OBF women's retreat.
32. Change out the curtains. No
 33. Have a party or game night Yes, I did this with the Chinese friends
 34. Participate in League of Women Voters activities so I can be an informed citizen Some of them happened.
35. Teach a scrapbook class at Hobby Lobby  No
OK! So now I see what has been accomplished and I need to make a new one for next year.  The ratio was 16/35  Not even 50% so I guess I can be better next year. 

2 comments: