Saturday, August 29, 2009

I love my Job!



Where else can you say good morning and have 21 kids say it back? Where else can you be exhausted and yet get up the next morning anticipating an adventure?
I remember a kindergartner asking me to marry him. Thank you Bamadele Babjedi. Isn't that a great name?
I remember a first grader building me house on blocks. Literally he used blocks of wood from the wood pile with a drawing on it of a house.
I remember a first grader saying the pledge backwards because we forgot one day.
I remember another first grader standing in the drinking fountain to wash his shoes so he didn't get into trouble from him mom. Then there was another one walking down the hall on his hands because he just felt like it.
Just on Friday as we are walking to recess~ one boy asked, "Can we study robotics?" Well,no, not next week; next week we are studying eyes and how they work.
But it got me thinking, who do I know that could come in and teach something about that?
Teaching is a good thing. I am so lucky, I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment