Saturday, August 8, 2009

Favorite Foods





I recently found out that I am diabetic. I am not surprised as my dad is and probably Uncle Freddie was too. And though I thought I was like my grandmother Dessie it seems I cam like my Dad's side of the family too. So now I am going to make a list of favorite foods I can no longer eat.
1. Sweet and sour meatballs.
2. Pineapple upside down cake
3. Mint chocolate chip ice cream
4. Barbecued spare ribs
5. Long John Silver's fish and hush puppies
6. Pizza
7. Rice
8. Crab Rangoon
9. Coke
10. Chocolate Chip cookies/toll house marble squares
There are probably others but I can't think of them now.
These are things I can still eat!
1. Mooshu pork
2. homemade applesauce
3. raisins, apricots and other dried fruit
4. watermelon
5. strawberries
6. turkey
7. salad
8. Thai curry soup
9. Black bean soup, just not in a bread bowl
10. Egg whites
I am feeling not so happy about the good things I can not eat and sometimes it makes me cry.....
But If you concentrate on the good the bad won't seem so awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment