Sunday, November 4, 2012

Once is not enough

Once a month is not enough. but I am working and spending time with friends from other countries and in general being busy and so it is hard to get the writing act together.
Last month a friend of a friend said can you take in a homeless college girl and I said yes. And so for a while I have a roommate or at least I will have until she moves out or gets sent back to China. Joyce is her name her major was Educational Psychology and we are getting along fine. I say was because she was a student and now is looking for a job. She has been looking in Chicago, looking in Washington D.C. and even in Cincinnati. Perhaps she will soon find one.
I also joined up with Global neighbors and have been matched with two Chinese students, Kevin and Monica,. For fun activities we carved pumpkins and made applesauce. We also went to Indy and spent time with Katie and Jonathan and Dustin and Loren. While there we visited the Raceway and the Art Museum
In addition to mentoring students I also have been doing some tutoring. One boy is a high school senior and one a fifth grader. Then I have Jiangmei and Rithin. Preparation takes time and thought. Last night I taught Kevin and Monica and Amy about making pies. We did a meat pie and a pumpkin pie and an apple one. All were yummy.
I also have been out with Tutu and Ayo to a multicultural event at Hall Auditorium. Music from many different cultures. Interesting. My favorite was the violin music by the young children.
yesterday November 3 Michelle Obama was here. I heard her speak at Withrow Court and I was sad that we didn't give her a better or bigger venue.

And that is what has been keeping me busy.
Wondering now~what is next.

1 comment: