Thursday, February 2, 2012

14 Days of Valentines











My cousin Tamara, Uncle Keith's step-daughter is doing a 14 days thingy so I thought I would join in. Of course her Valentines are much more elaborate than mine, but I can do what ever I want and make them up as I go along. That is the fun part of it. If I was dating anyone I could do 14 day things with them, but since I am not I will do 14 things with people I love, not romantic love but plutonic love.
Day One: I went to Hobby Lobby with Karen and bought some yarn to make a hat to send to Afghanistan through the radio station K-love's project.  Also Lita,  Karen, and I went to dinner at Dad's favorite restaurant~ Applebees.


Day Two: Today I knit on the K-love hat and watched a movie, "27 Dresses". That was a good movie and so romantic. I also found some other ideas for Valentines  for 12 other days. The women at the Resource Center gave me some movie titles to try.


Day Three: I subbed at Kramer and gave the third graders some hearts to write who they loved on the heart and then we wore them on our sleeves. After all, I wear my heart on my sleeve.
Day Four: Make heart shaped scones, serve them with tea, clotted cream, strawberry jam, and love.


Day Five:  Make a Valentine to send
A Valentine Poem (not original)by Henry Dumas


Forgive me if I have not sent you 
A Valentine
But I thought you knew
That you already have my heart
Here take the space where my
Heart goes
I give that to you too


Make several people that look like gingerbread men and draw a small heart on the front. On the back of the shape glue this poem. 


Day Six
Actually make the scones and deliver them to someone you would like to become friends with. I am going to make and take some over to Margy Brandenburg.


Day Seven
Play a game of Hearts with cards and friends or with the computer!


Day Eight
Get packages ready to send to those you love who live far away. Then go to the post office and mail them. Everyone loves to get mail!  I included a box of chocolates in the package, a cure for cancer pen and tablet because you can't have too much paper for notes and pens are always good! Mine also write in fun colors.


Days Nine and Ten
 I got a cold and was sick so I did nothing but sleep and drink lemon tea and read books.


Day Eleven
Go to a Pacers  ( or any other NBA basketball team with your true loves.) You can get pretty good seats for 10 dollars.


Day Twelve 
Prepare a Special Valentines dinner for those who have other plans for the real day. Include Valentine plates, pink doilies, pink plastic ware, red napkins, and red solo cups for a little change of pace. It is also good to invite a friend and watch the grammys.


Day Thirteen
Finish any unfinished projects ~~ like new hair! Valentine Red.


Day Fourteen
Happy Valentine's Day! I prayed for snow and there was some but not enough to cancel any plans for the day. I went to Bible Study and traded Valentines with Jesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment