Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wilderness


When Moses left Israel for the promised land he traveled through the wilderness. He had never been that way before nor had he traveled that way before. They ate manna and gathered only enough for one day and were filled. They walked in the hot and traveled and fought, battled with the enemy. They worshiped in new places.
I feel sort of like Moses as I begin the travel of retirement. Each week is an adventure where i have never lived the seven days in front of ME, and I will never live them again.
God would like to guide me as I learn from my experience in the wilderness. He wants to change my appetite, habits, style, and, my entire life. So I will set goals and build stamina and make changes.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great way to look ahead and face the new challenges that will come your way.

    ReplyDelete