Saturday, May 21, 2011

OPERATION

Ten days ago I came home from the hospital. I had an operation. The last thing I remember before the whole thing was Marlene giving me a blue cap to put on. this is the advantage to knowing the nurses in the hospital. The first thing I remember after it is a need to drink water and no way to focus on anything. I still feel dizzy when I get up off the bed and I can barely walk down the street to the corner and back but it is getting better.
Things I have learned
1. Operations hurt.
2. I also learned more than I ever wanted to know about the Foley catheter.
3. I am not someone who should live alone. (This is a previous lesson learned at an earlier date!)
4. Recovery like the wheels of justice moves slowly.
5. A person can only watch so much tv.
6. There should be branch of the library by Krogers or even the Senior Citizen's center.
7. I think I would like to visit sunny California.

1 comment:

  1. 1 - the alternative probably hurts too
    2 - don't share. if I need to learn about the foley catheter, I will.
    3 - is living alone getting any better?
    4 - sorry. this too will pass.
    5 - too much TV? hard to believe
    6 - maybe that's something you should do in retirement -- get them to put a branch of the library.
    7 - c'mon out here. I think the rainy season is finally over.

    ReplyDelete