Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Taking Control

Recently I felt like my life is no longer mine to control. I don't if you have ever experienced this feeling but, I have, often, in the last few years.  Several years ago I discovered I could not walk in to the ocean and maintain balance. then I discovered I could no longer walk on a hill without slipping. Then when I had a prescription problem and a different medical issue again I felt helpless.
So What could I  do to take control? I asked myself.
To begin with I called doctors and told them of the problems. They were busy but kind and helped to figure out one of them. Then I began to look at the things I need to do to regain better health. I planned to make some changes in some of the areas of my life.
New year resolutions
1. Eat more fruit and vegetables.
2. Eat less bread, rice and potatoes.
3. Exercise every day at least 20 minutes, an hour if possible.
4. Have a quiet time daily. God is waiting for me to come to chat with  him and he never says, I am too tired or no you can't come over. He also answers my texts, phone calls and e-mails
5. Pray for those who need prayer.
6. Learn more about Art history.
7. Be accountable.
8. Save money by not eating out so much.
9. Do more of the things I enjoy!
10. read a book every week and add a Friday book notes if I can think of something to say.
11. Finish that novel I started last year.
That is enough for today.

1 comment:

  1. good goals .. it's hard to cope when you feel like everything is out of your control ..

    ReplyDelete