Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Learning

YOU are never too young to learn to use a hammer. Yesterday 60 third fourth and fifth graders along with about 20 adults got together at Kramer Cafeteria and made bird feeders out of wood, wire mesh, rope, and of course nails. One of the students said to me, this is great I have never done this before. She was right! Making things like this with this tool is not something 8 to 10 year olds often do in school.

I recently learned that kids aren't the only ones who need to learn new things. I learned how to open the garage without the garage door opener working. You just pull a rope. I wondered what that thing hanging was!

When I traveled back from Washington, D.C. I learned some interesting things about art history. As a result my interest was drawn into discovering more. I discovered that the story of art travels much the same path as a child learning to draw. It begins with flat forms in limited colors and then develops perspective as they view the world in different schema.

No comments:

Post a Comment