Saturday, August 3, 2013

The 50 Greatest Novels Written

In preparation for writing I am also reading great novels and so I am beginning with  To Kill a Mockingbird. After reading the book I plan to look at it from an author's view point and really study all the things that a good novel needs - a point of view a protagonist an antagonist etc. and keep notes hopefully I can become a better writer this way. I also know that I have already read a good portion of these books but I have not studied all of them for a long, long time. In spite of knowing the basic plot I still find this novel gripping and can't wait to meet the Boo and to see how Atticus Finch acts at the court room.
Another book I just finished was called Tadpole by Ruth White. Obviously not my mother but still the author caught my attention. This one shares a few similarities with To Kill a Mockingbird. I will not go into them here, but I plan to keep a note book with thoughts about both of the books. It is not on the List but it did win an award for children's literature.

2 comments:

  1. What other books are you reading? i read to kill a mockingbird earlier this year. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. East Of Eden
    Sister Carrie
    Catcher in the Rye
    The Big Sleep

    ReplyDelete