Thursday, August 15, 2013

Second Year of Retirement

So as I sat at the table this morning I thought of my fellow teachers who are sitting at the boring meetings and getting smart about the school district and record keeping and insurance changes. I am not there and I can go and do what ever I want today. Hooray for retirement!
The question is what do I want to do? I do have couple of errands and I  do want to read a book. I do want to go to the rec center.
 I am working on two afghans. I ran out of a color of yarn. I do want to just watch Smallville. (I wonder why I keep on liking to watch the same episodes over and over?) I have two other movies to watch too.
So as far as the novels: East of Eden I had to stop. It wasn't gripping enough. I am reading The Big Sleep and 1984 simultaneously. Neither one is gripping. I want to do some research on the novel I want to write.
There are dishes and tutoring and laundry and ooh yes packing to go on vacation and to a wedding.
What are you doing today?

2 comments:

  1. Your packing? You leave in a week

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to realize you're on your second year. What other plans do you have for this next year?

    ReplyDelete