Thursday, July 18, 2013

What are You doing?

Well today was another scorcher of a day 95 was the hottest temp and now at 7:21 it is a cool 88. I know the temperature because I just took the trash out.
According to my Chinese friends everyone in America talks about the weather. However, in China they talk about food.
What did you have to eat today?  Well I had 4 meals.and I had a salad with many types of vegetables, fish, grapes, two kinds of squash and a mixed fruit shake. I feel full now and hopefully will be full until tomorrow morning. Then I will have another shake maybe a grape one.
Did you exercise today? Why yes, I did. I walked 2 miles at the rec center on Miami's Campus.
As I was leaving the rec center, I thought about how as a six year old I learned to swim at the old natatorium by Withrow Court. I drove by the Stousland's house and saw that is is called "That 70s House".  strange name since it was built in the late 5os. I drove up College Ave. also called the red brick road and enjoyed the new bricks that had been added this spring.
Did you do any chores today? Why yes, I did. I did laundry and folded clothes and put them away. I also did dishes, cooked, boxed up a few things and cleaned up the linen closet.
Because there weren't any folks around to chat with, I just read a book and finished it, one of the vet books by James Herriot. It is just as funny now as it was the last two times I read it! I kept wanting to look up images on the computer of Yorkshire, England.
Well today is over, almost and now I can watch tv. Or maybe I will watch a couple episodes of Smallville.
Life isn't very exciting unless you get out and do a few things,but not today! Too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment