Saturday, March 10, 2012

Things

It is Saturday, but every day is Saturday when you are retired. I have been busy,  but I don't really know what I have been doing. Reading is probably the most popular activity.  Yesterday, or maybe on Thursday, I read a book called The Sugar Queen. I was a very good book, good story, well written, and some of the things the author said made me want to read the book again. It was a romance, but I didn't know that when I picked it out. I just liked the title. The story takes place in the mountains of  North Carolina in the winter. The main character is a spoiled, rich girl who grew up and never left home. There are other characters, one who lives in her closet and that is what makes the book so interesting. But don't take my word for it. Check it out of your local library.

1 comment: