Sunday, December 5, 2010

Heaven or Hell


I went to church this morning. The music was loud but full of good thoughts about God. I worshiped with lots of 18-21 tear olds and wished All my children could be there. Win and Nancy Clark were there and they are now being missionaries for an organization that wants Americans to adopt orphans from the Aids epidemic in Africa. I took a brochure and this might be a good Christmas gift idea for those who have everything. The sermon was excellent and about Heaven and Hell. Since mom just died I paid close attention about what Jesus said about these two places. He was very clear about the eternal aspect of each and that there was no way someone else could be baptised for you or no way you could just go to pergatory for a while. Good to know that those were just man made ideas. Anyway Jesus said that Hell would be darkness and fire and pain without relationships. Heaven would be joy and relationships. So Joy to the world is better than pain.I pick joy! An 88 year old missionary needed a ride home from church and as I was driving her, she told me that I can hopefully have surprise and the joy of seeing mom in heaven. Faith, hope and love and Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment