Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

So last year was a bust as far as things that I wrote. I could actually write something about each  month on three outsides of envelopes.
January: I baby sat that adorable grandson for 16 of the days. I also went to two Bible studies,  One was BSF about Moses and the other was from the book of Romans.
 I couldn't figure out how to get photos here from my phone.  I think I need a Mac computer.
February: In February I babysat 16 days and didn't have a valentine. Boo hoo!
March: I babysat for 12 days. We had Lita's wedding shower at La Rosas and I visited JoAnn in Kentucky.
April: Kathy and Mick visited Ohio and stayed here while I was in Indy babysitting for 15 days .  We did some yard work and cut down the vines on the back porch.
May: I went to visit friends and family over Mothers day weekend in Maryland and Virginia. JJ took me to the movies. We saw the "Longest Ride" a feel good romance.  the spring field theater had recliners for seats. I baby sat for 10 days.
June: I went to two baby showers for three children on the same Saturday. Lori and Chuck's twins and Pam's little girl, Olive.  Lita's wedding was the main event.
Thea and Paul, Dad, Rachel and Jay and Rob all came and stayed in Oxford. Kathy and Mick also came and stayed here through the fourth of July. Tutu and Ayo's son Deji son got married.
July: I baby sat and Nora and Ronnie moved to Florida. I also worked on the kitchen crew for VBS at OBF.
August: I went to a slew of doctors appointments and found that the only thing wrong is diabetes.  I have had that for a long time. I need to get a handle on the diet and exercise parts of it. This was a wake up call do something or else.
September: Began two new Bible studies: Jeremiah and Revelations. I can see God's had moving in these studies.  I feel that since I have retired I no longer have a major purpose. So the purpose now is to live Day by day.
October: Studying God's prophecy is amazing. Began to attend some political events for various things. Notably when Time Derickson threw his hat into the ring for congressional representative.
November: Involved with  Tim and Kelly Derickson's campaign through prayer and attending political events.  Went to League of women voters meeting and got involved peripherally. Had an adventure riding the Miami Metro/BCRTA bus. Met and entertained a new Chinese student Qi.  Baby sat 2 days. Helped Tutu have a party. Picked up Suzette from the Cincinnati Airport and got lost coming home.
 December: Played cards with Wanda and Carolyn Garnett. Continued with two Bible studies and reading Mere Christianity. I attended a fund raiser for a charity called the Jingle Bell Ball and a fund raiser for Tim Derickson in Middletown. I spent some time with Nancy Jobe Hawkins.  She is trying to decide to come to OBF.  Her husband is very nice and works at Gilmans.She and I also went to Metamora for a breakfast.  Christmas  was a Joe and Alicia's house in Zionsville.

And so a quick year in review without any photos because I don't know how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment