Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Week of Birthdays

This week several of my friends and relatives had birthdays.
On June 16th my youngest cousin Jonathan Howard White turned 50. Hard to believe! But he will always be a 5 year old in my mind because the summer he turned 5, I was a his babysitter. Happy birthday Jonathan Jo with a mouth like an O.


This is Jon White, his Mom Mearlene,
and Jj He was about one in this photo
Here we have Jj Jon White and Thea
when we were about to move to Omaha.
Then today June 17 is My childhood friend Karen Styles 61st birthday. Again It is hard to believe. Some times I remember when we would sit on her grassy hill and talk or play games in her air conditioned bedroom. Our favorite games were Life, Easy money, and the Barbie game. Funny what you remember.
On Thursday my youngest sister Thea will be 55. I hope she has a marvelous time and receives some great gifts. I have lots of fun memories of her but a favorite one is the birthday when Caroline Kennedy and Jackie O and Jon Jr. were at the park having a picnic on the day she was celebrating her birthday!


Katie and me June 1981


Maybe my grandson, Katie's first born, will be born on Thea's birthday; in our family we try to have babies be born on other's birthdays. I love this photo of Katie learning to walk at my parents house the summer of 1981.

1 comment:

  1. So you got your wish, Jones was born on my birthday! Yay!

    ReplyDelete