Thursday, May 2, 2013

May

Trala it's May! What a lovely day today and the past days were two Michigan days
 also. So sunny and blue sky and green grass and I don't have my camera yet. Please Katie don't forget it this weekend.
The first weekend in May is coming up and you know what that means....Derby Day.
This weekend is the Kentucky Derby. My friend Heather is going and she is so excited. She gets to sit in a box belonging to a co-worker of her husband. She bought a new sun dress and hat. She  is going to get a spray on tan. When Heather was telling me about her plans and such, I decided dressing up for Derby was like getting ready for prom.
Mearlene and Dick went to the Derby a couple of times. Dessie used to watch it faithfully every  year and have a mint julip while she watched. This year I will watch. Maybe I will see Heather on T.V.
If you want a Mint Julep on Saturday as you watch, you need Kentucky Bourbon, sugar, mint and ice. Google the recipe.  Oh, and Don't forget to sing that famous Stephen Foster song, My Old Kentucky Home.

1 comment:

  1. Since they always sing it right before the derby, as long as you have your sound up on the TV, you can just sing along. We'll be watching too -- as long as we remember.

    ReplyDelete