Sunday, May 19, 2013

Another Rainy Saturday

I think I have found a theme here. ON Saturday I read book s and watch movies. Yesterday I watched three movies.
I watched Amazing Grace
and Sense and Sensibility
and Seven Years in Tibet.
Have you seen them? Did you like them, too?
I liked "Amazing Grace" because it was about William Wilberforce,  a man who did something that changed the world. I wish I had known about him when I was in 8th grade. He would have been a great person about whom to write a biography. Slave trading  and slavery are just dispicable things.  People are people aand all should be free. It made me wonder who was the better man Thomas Jefferson or William Wilberforce?

I liked "Sense and Sensibility" because it is a romance. It also made me aware that women really didn't have much life before the 20th century and certainly we didn't have much of a say about things. All there was was babies, children and care giving no mater which class you were in. I am so glad that Margaret doesn't marry......

And I liked "SevenYears in Tibet". It was a true story and made me again aware of the differences in cultures. The east is different from the west. Not better or worse, just different.

And now you know that I am going to the library to get some new shows and new books .......
Have a good week and if you have any suggestions for my movie enjoyment.... I would be greatful.

No comments:

Post a Comment