Tuesday, December 4, 2012

60


60 years!

       Sixty years is a long time, but as Jonathan reminded me it is just a number, all be it a big number. This week I have been celebrating with parties and special events. They began with a big celebration on Sunday. This inclulded church, soup, Peffer Park, Wii, Uptown and Phan Shin with presents lots of presents 60 of them and 60 cards. One card even had 60 dollars!

            Monday the real day began with a challenge, my car wouldn’t start. The battery was dead. So I called AAA and they came and charged the car and sold me a battery. IN the evening, I went out to dinner with Karen and celebrated by inventing my own meal a BLT and vegetable soup that wasn’t even on the menu! And for dessert ice cream, a hot fudge  sundae.

Tuesday I celebrated with Earth Club. I saw some old friends and neighbors and reconnected with  them and enjoyed some fifth graders I once knew as third graders.  We went to the bird blind and we saw a few birds. God gave us the Best gift that day- a flock of geese flying overhead just as we went out the back door.

Wednesday, after tutoring in Hamilton, I went to Applebee’s with Karen and then to Hobby Lobby followed by the movie, Breaking Dawn part 2. All was good. But by the end of the day I was tired.

On Thursday I tutored in French and Spanish at TMS and learned a bit about some of the 8th graders. It was fun and an experience but not a celebration. No party so makes me all partied out.

TGIF a party  or a Ladies night at Tonua’s (Faith Baptist’s pastor’s wife) house included knitting and conversation about having babies. Main question, does it hurt? Can you do it without a lot of medicine? My answer, exercise all the time you are pregnant. It will hurt, but you can do it. All is good and all is well. So now there are only  55 more parties to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment