Sunday, August 19, 2012

Encouragement

Today I taught Sunday school for the second time in 20+ years. It is not the same. But the kids were great and loads of fun and energy. If I do it again I will take them outside for some exercise between first and third service. The lesson was on encouragement. But the Bible story didn't really talk about encouragement. It was about a silversmith named Demetrius. I really needed pictures to go along with the story too, but there weren't any. However we all got the idea about how to encourage others though I didn't get to all the activities, talked too much. After Sunday school, I received encouragement from two friends. One gave me a rose from Equador, and another gave me a refrigerator magnet with my name in French. I believe the Bible verse says "Build one another up, " which you can do with words cards prayers and even gifts.
Yep here it is:

1 Thessalonians 5:11 

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
and now you know what first and second graders are studying in Sunday school.

No comments:

Post a Comment