Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dating at 59

Yesterday I had my second date courtesy of Match.com. This was a very nice man from Springboro, Ohio outside of Dayton. He is a Vietnam vet and a nurse. His father was a Southern Baptist preacher. Larry sounds like he is from Kentucky! He got his nursing degree from Miami. He is also very chatty and has told me a lot about his life already. It is just like when I go out for a walk. I meet people and they tell me their whole life stories. He told me so much about himself. I could hardly get a word in edgewise. I think I prefere someone who asks me questions about me and then listens really listens you talking. According to him people always talk to him, too!
And here is some other random information. As a widower he has dated many other woman, but I am the only one from Oxford. He wondered why I would want to live in Oxford, as opposed to near a large city. He was surprised that I have a tattoo. We went to dinner and then for a short walk. It was nice to have someone walk as slowly as I do. Interestingly we both have some of the same illnesses/ take medicines for the same problems only different medicines.
So now I wonder, I will have a second date. I think I actually already have a second one. On Tuesday night he had originally invited me to go to a Bible study with him. I couldn't though as I had other plans. Then he said well I could come to Centerville any Tuesday for the Bible study. So I planned to come up on Tuesday next week. That was that. When on Wednesday  I didn't have to work in the afternoon, he invited me out for dinner. It wasn't amazing, but it was nice to have someone else pay for dinner- only I had to get there first!  It felt so good to get to Middletown by myself and actually be able to follow directions without getting lost. And now you know about dating in the year 2012 at the age of 59.

1 comment: