Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sewing


I now remember why I don't sew Halloween costumes or clothes or quilts or even curtains anymore. It is such a project! First I had to find the sewing box to get some scissors and pins. NO scissors there. Pins in the hutch. Then I had to read the directions to remember how to thread the machine. The directions are in a large booklet and in four separate languages. About half way through, the bobbin ran out of thread. It took three tries and three readings and rereading of the directions to get decently wound bobbin. As I am sewing I find that I had to pin and re pin the casing. Finally I had one curtain done. It only took 1 and 1/2 hours and It wasn't really the right fit. I will wait on the other curtain. I was thinking about pillows, but that too will have to wait! I prefere wrapping gifts, baking cookies and even dusting to sewing!

1 comment:

  1. you just need a studio. get the boys to build you one.

    ReplyDelete