Saturday, February 6, 2010

Third graders

Third grades like to make lists, argue and cough. At least in February they do. Kara and I were going through desks removing math books and discovered that almost each of the kids had listed all their friends on a piece of paper. Too funny!
There are some kids who will grow up to be professional liars. Do they think I am blind? No, Mrs. Schriever, I didn't write on the smart board one girl said as I was watching her write on the board. Her hand even showed up on the Elmo. Then a boy was singing under his breath and said no I wasn't singing. Two boys were fighting in the hall and the camera video taped them and so the principal had to suspend them for fighting. WE weren't fighting they told the prinicpal. Another boy had a cell phone from home. He then loaned it to the child who sits next to him. the reciever of the phone typed his name on the phone and convienently forgot how it got there. FYI the word of the month is honesty! I appreciate another boy much more. "Gary Wayne are you singing?" "Yes, Mrs. Schriever!' " Well,please don't it is annoying!" "OK, I will!'
And finally
Sound from one student who politely puts his inside of his elbow over his mouth-cough cough cough. Nathan, that sounds awful. Go get a drink.
Sound all around the room...cough cough cough. Class I think we all need a drink break. And that happens all the time! Too funny! Can I do this for 14 more years? Oh yeah...if it means I don't have to share my retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment