Monday, September 14, 2009

Samaritans' Purse


Today when I was driving home from work I was listening to an interview from the woman who started Samaritans" Purse. She was talking about a little child in a foreign country who opened up a gift box and found candy. Now this child had never hardly had candy. Can you believe it? He was chatting to his friend and got so excited about the candy. He called hey come over as see this. They both looked in the shoe box and said Candy with smiles. Then he opened the roll of life savers and gave his friend two pieces.
A little while later the boy was in the same room as a very rich and famous surgeon who was there doing some free clinic surgery. The same little boy went up to the surgeon and gave him 2 pieces of candy too. The surgeon took it while tears rolled down his checks. Though this man made thousands of dollars and could buy any candy he wanted the boys gift was so precious. In America children give adults gifts every day and we are glad to receive them. Kids make cards for mom and send notes to each other and we love to receive the gifts. I have a drawer in one of my filing cabinets of gifts my children have given to me. I cherish all of them. Even when you are poor you still like to give. And when you give to others they turn around and give to others.
I am not sure why I wanted to write this story except to remember it. I am not even sure that I told it right, it just really spoke to me. What a blessing to give to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment