Thursday, September 11, 2014

New Bible Study Fellowhip study

So this year at BSF we are studying the life of Moses. The first meeting was this week and I now have a new friend Katheryne Burke Taylor. She is the niece of Dale and Becky Burke, OBF's first pastor and his wife.  The speakers words of the lesson were Only God.  Well, only God could have had Katheryne sit down in the sanctuary of hundreds and sit by me!
 So far I have learned that Moses wrote the first 4 books of the Bible, Genesis, Exodus Leviticus Numbers, but I guess I never thought about that idea.  How did he know what to write for Genesis? My thoughts are that he heard the word of God as it was passed down orally generation to generation. When he wrote it down  on the scrolls, I don't think God had control of his hand but that the Holy Spirit spoke to Moses' heart through the memories he had as a child. Surely his mother told him the stories of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I know that he also had knowledge of Joseph. So if he wrote them down he must have heard them over and over and memorized them.
I have also learned that Only God could have planned that Pharaoh's daughter could find a Hebrew baby in the bulrushes and save him from death. Only God could have had his mother still be his nurse and then let a Hebrew be raised in the Pharaoh's court.
I am trying to memorize a verse of scripture each week. This week it is Deut.7:9 "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments."
Here are a few other principles I have learned this week.
1.  God comforts us in our suffering so that we may comfort others and so we may grow in our faith.
2.  God has a plan for each of our lives. Yet we are to plan and be guided by His principles, trusting God for the outcome.
3.  God placed all of us in a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment