Thursday, June 27, 2013

At the Gym

Every day you should exercise. I used to go to Curves, but it closed. Now I have moved to Miami Rec Center to stretch, walk, and visit with random strangers or people with whom I am slightly acquainted.   I have also tried swimming in the pool and lifting weights.  Notice that there are about a million steps to climb before you get in the door. It is all good.
I like going there because it makes me think of those days in summer when I was 6 and learned to swim at the pool on Withrow Court.  Of course Dessie and Howard's house is no longer there on Oak Street, but I still feel like I am in the same place as that homesick little girl so long ago. The air there is different, it sort of feels  like home.

2 comments:

  1. yay for the rec center. I want to go to the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were so homesick. Do you still feel homesick? or does it make you happy.

    ReplyDelete