Wednesday, April 6, 2011


Recently I attempted to get an Ohio driver’s license. The closest BMV branch was about 20 minutes away. While waiting in line there I noticed a sign that said no foul language or signs permitted. I wondered why anyone would cuss the BMV out. After waiting in line for a long time I learned that the tests were located in a different branch ,so I went there to be tested. Why indeed!
I took the test on computer. and passed quickly. However I did not have my birth certificate. So I went back home and got the birth certificate, but it wasn’t really a birth certificate! The public servant was kindly gave me the number to call. The phone number was disconnected. “Look up how to find it on the internet,” JJ said. So I did and found a site with detailed instructions item number six being: “Mail the completed application and sworn statement to the Vital Records office. Enclose a copy of your driver's license or other government-issued photo ID…”
Not very amusing. FYI today the secretaries taught me how to use the fax machine and I may be able to get my license this weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. What is the BMV? Good luck getting your license. It took me almost three months to get mine out here -- I lost it on my way back from North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete