Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life and Death




The week of November 13 to November 21 is now known as the week of death to me. I pray that Jesse and Mom at the last minute remembered that God is God. Dick knew that there is a God and he was not afraid to live a Godly life.
Jesse Findley died in a Car wreck on Friday 11-12-10 I heard about it on Saturday at the laundramat. Rushed over to talk to Becky. Haven't seen her since.
That same evenng my mom was placed into the ICU at GWU hospital. She had excellent doctors but could not overcome the bad bacteria in her colon. Rachel was there with her on Saturday, Thea arrived on Monday morning, I got there on Monday afternoon. I spoke to her but she never answered. It is good that I spent that time there in October. She didn't make it to Thanksgiving. Mom I miss you. The you who used to feed me the peas out of the vegetable soup; the you who sewed outfits for me and let me cut out the patterns for new ones; the you who laughed at the blue place when we last ate dinner there.
Last of all there is Uncle Dick. He died 24 hours after mom maybe she and he went to see the gates of heaven together. Dick had a white Christmas stocking when he spent the night Chrsitmas eve. He and Dad went Christmas shopping. The Dick who let me ride in the back of that tiny convertible with no seat belt. Uncle Dick gave me savings bonds when I was a kid and i used them to pay for Graduate school. Dick who love to sing loved beer and loved his family, is, I have no doubt, in Heaven.
What can you say to the man who has everything? Life is short enjoy it while you can. Things change in a twinkling of an eye. Knowing Jesus is the most important thing in your life. Don't forget that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment